We are academic and industrial researchers, practitioners, software developers, end users, and students.
SIGAI is one of the oldest special interest groups in the ACM. SIGAI, then SIGART, started in 1966, publishing the SIGART Newletter that later became the SIGART Bulletin and Intelligence Magazine. Today, SIGAI is an active group with more than one thousand members from academia and industry throughout the world.
AI is increasingly an interdisciplinary area, and your membership supports these goals.
Both members and non-members are welcome to join our mailing list to receive timely announcements of interest to researchers and practitioners.
The mission of the ACM Special Interest Group on Artificial Intelligence (ACM SIGAI) is to promote and support the growth and application of artificial intelligence (AI) principles and techniques throughout computing. ACM SIGAI is made up of and serves three primary communities: academic educators and researchers, professional practitioners, and students. We serve as technical experts both to the internal community of the ACM as well as to external entities interested in AI. We advance our mission through concrete activities, including:
- Sponsoring or co-sponsoring high-quality AI-related conferences;
- Recognizing achievements of academic, professional and student members through major annual awards;
- Publishing a quarterly newsletter (AI Matters) in the ACM Digital Library as well as maintaining a blog on AI matters of interest to the community;
- Providing scholarships to student members to attend conferences;
- Funding, developing, and promoting AI education, publications and public outreach activities both within the AI community and beyond.
Are you a student?
Are you a conference organizer?
By joining ACM:SIGAI both students and professional members receive the same benifits:
- access in the ACM Digital Library to the Proceedings of all the SIGAI sponsored conferences and many in-cooperation conferences;
- discounts on registration at SIGAI sponsored conferences;
- networking and leadership opportunities through SIGAI activities, student and professional chapter meetings, and the ACM student website;
- opportunities for support to attend conferences sponsored by SIGAI to present a paper. Contact the conference chair for details;
- mentoring for PhD students by senior researchers at some conferences sponsored by SIGAI and at the AAAI/SIGAI Doctoral Consortium
Full issue Welcome and SummaryWelcome to AI Matters 9(3)By Ziyu Yao, co-editor & Anuj Karpatne, co-editor Annual ReportSIGAI Annual Report: July 1 2022 – August 30 2023By Sanmay Das,
Full issue Welcome and SummaryWelcome to AI Matters 9(2)By Ziyu Yao, co-editor & Anuj Karpatne, co-editor AI NewsConference ReportsBy Louise A. Dennis Paper PrécisEmergence of Maps in the Memories
Full issue OpinionWelcome to AI Matters 9(1)Welcome and Summary – By Ziyu Yao, co-editor & Anuj Karpatne, co-editor AI NewsConference ReportsConference Reports – By Louise A. Dennis AI EventsUpcoming
SIGAI Policy Blog
Announcements & Events
We are happy to announce that the call for the 2024 ACM SIGAI Autonomous Agents Research Award is now available at the main award page here: https://sigai.acm.org/main/the-acm-sigai-autonomous-agents-research-award/ This award is made for excellence in research in the area of autonomous agents. It is intended to recognize researchers in autonomous agents whose current work is an important influence on […]
We are happy to announce that the call for the ACM SIGAI 2023 Industry Award is now available at the main Industry Award page here: https://sigai.acm.org/main/acm-sigai-industry-award/ The ACM SIGAI Industry Award for Excellence in Artificial Intelligence (AI) will be given annually to individuals or teams who have transferred original academic research into AI applications in […]
The selection committee for the ACM/SIGAI Autonomous Agents Research Award is pleased to announce that Professor Edith Elkind is the recipient of the 2023 award. Edith Elkind is a Professor of Computer Science at the University of Oxford. For details click here.
We are happy to announce that the call for the 2023 ACM SIGAI Autonomous Agents Research Award is now available at the main award page here: https://sigai.acm.org/main/acm-sigai-industry-award/ This award is made for excellence in research in the area of autonomous agents. It is intended to recognize researchers in autonomous agents whose current work is an important influence on […]
The Industry Award for Excellence in Artificial Intelligence is awarded by ACM SIGAI in 2022 to Sony’s Gran Turismo Sophy(TM), a project developed by Sony AI, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Polyphony Digital. For details click here.