Are you considering organizing a conference? Or starting a new conference series? Think about requesting either sponsorship or in-cooperation status from SIGAI!
Your conference advertisement will reach more than a thousand members of the SIGAI organization and thousands more at ACM. The ACM organizer conference manual provides detailed information. Here is a brief description of the sponsorship and in-cooperation or sponsorship possibilities. Further details are available from the ACM SIGAI Conference Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check all the available information and resources:
Requesting Conference Sponsorship with ACM/SIGAI
A sponsored or co-sponsored conference is a conference for which SIGAI assumes financial and technical responsibility. Proceedings will be copyrighted by ACM and be in the Digital Library, unless specific agreements are in place with other co-sponsors.
To request sponsorship from SIGAI, contact the SIGAI Chair providing the following information:
- Name, time and place of the conference.
- Description of the conference.
- Intended audience and size.
- Organization of the conference.
- Preliminary budget including any financial resources, including other sponsorships and grants.
SIGAI sponsorship provides many benefits:
- ACM will assist the conference organizers with overall conference arrangements and budget planning
- ACM will assist the conference organizers with hotel selection and contract negotiations
- ACM will support financial transactions for the conference with an option to coordinate registrations on-line with the conference accounts
- The proceedings will be published in the ACM Digital Library
- The announcement of the conference will be posted on the SIGAI web site
- The ACM SIGAI logo and name can be used on any publicity about the conference
- The conference will be listed in the ACM calendar
Holding a Conference In-Cooperation with ACM/SIGAI
An in-cooperation conference is a conference sponsored by another organization that wishes to have a formal connection with ACM/SIGAI and its members. This arrangement implies no financial involvement from SIGAI, and it is straightforward to obtain, provided that
- The technical meeting meets Association standards of technical excellence and has reasonable relevance to the activities of ACM.
- Benefits will accrue to the technical meeting because of the cooperation of ACM
- Benefits will accrue to ACM because of its cooperation.
- Association members are encouraged to participate on the organizing com
- The organizing committee agrees that within 3 months a short post-meeting report summarizing the results is to be forwarded to the Conference Committee of ACM.
- The organizing committee agrees to state that this meeting is “in-cooperation with ACM” in all references to the conference including conference promotions, proceedings, press releases, etc.
- ACM members are entitled to the same registration fee as available to member of sponsoring organizations.
- ACM members may purchase proceedings at the same rate as sponsoring organizations.
- A table is provided in the registration area for a display of ACM membership and publication literature if needed.
- Proof of liability insurance is provided by all sponsoring organizations.
In-cooperation provides important benefits:
- The announcement of the conference will be posted on the SIGAI web site.
- The ACM SIGAI logo and name can be used on any publicity about the conference.
- The conference will be listed in the ACM calendar.
For information on how to obtain the in-cooperation status read the SIG Conference Manual – In-Cooperation Conference Guidelines and submit to ACM the In Cooperation Technical Meeting Request Forms (InCoop TMRF) using the on-line application. Note that official approval may take up to six weeks after receipt of all application documents.
ACM SIGAI CONFERENCE TRAVEL SUPPORT
ACM SIGAI supports student attendance at events sponsored by SIGAI or organised in cooperation with SIGAI subject to its annual budget for student travel support, and may also exceptionally consider supporting events not associated with ACM SIGAI. ACM also more generally supports attendance at events from participants who would otherwise be deterred from attending for cost reasons, such as academics from universities in the global south.
Events wishing to receive travel support money should apply to the ACM SIGAI conference coordinator in the first instance. When contacting the conference coordinator they should outline
- The nature of the funds requested (e.g., free registration as a prize for best student paper, student travel support scheme, general hardship travel support scheme).
- The eligibility requirements for the travel support money (e.g., students, academics from particular communities).
- How they intend to prioritise receipt of travel support money (e.g., those presenting papers, those who need to travel further to attend, specific minorities).
- How much support is being requested (if known)
Applications for travel support are accepted on a rolling basis without any set deadline. The amount of money allocated will depend upon ACM SIGAI’s budget for travel support.
ACM SIGAI aims to make decisions within two months of receipt of an application.
Any decisions on funding are final, and ACM SIGAI reserves the right to approve only part of the
By applying for travel support to ACM SIGAI, the applicant agrees to submit a written event
report outlining how the money was spent. This report should list who received travel support including
- Amount awarded and whether this covered expenses, conference registration or both.
- Whether they had a paper accepted at the conference.
- Whether they were a student, academic or other attendee.
Events will not be allocated further travel support awards if they have not submitted a report.
ACM SIGAI sponsored events should include the travel support money in the budget they agree with the ACM as a line item on the revenue side under Internal Transfers. ACM will then transfer the agreed amount of money to the conference.
Events that are in-cooperation with ACM SIGAI should invoice the ACM after the event for the agreed amount.
SIGAI sponsored conferences
International Conference on Knowledge Capture
Annual Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces
Automated Software Engineering
ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology
ACM Conference on Equity and Access in Algorithms, Mechanisms, and Optimization