is an electronic publication. Regularly featured submission categories include:
- AI Impact: Description of an AI system or method that has had a tangible impact on the world outside of the research community. These submissions are intended for dissemination to a general audience, and any technical content must be accessible to non-AI researchers.
- Book Announcement: Description of a newly published book and its major contributions.
- Event Reports: Technical conference or workshop reports, policy forums, or community events on topics of general interest to an AI audience.
- News: These include announcements, open source AI software, course materials, challenges and competitions, and other news of broad interest to AI researchers and practitioners.
- Opinion: Discussion of thought provoking or controversial issues of interest to the AI community. Opinion pieces with multiple authors are preferred. Responses to previously published opinion pieces are also welcome.
- Paper Précis: Short summary of the major contributions of a recently published AI paper, written for the general AI audience.
- Ph.D. Dissertation Briefings: Extended abstracts about recent Ph.D. graduates and their dissertation topics. New Ph.D.s can submit an extended abstract (no page limits), intended for a general AI audience, intended to increase visibility for their work.
- Tutorial: Short introduction or explanation of an AI concept or technique for the benefit of students or others new to the field. The tutorial could employ text, images, video, or other media.
- Videos and Images: Audio-visual materials with content of general interest to an AI audience and for disseminating AI ideas to the general public.
All submissions (through EasyChair) should be formatted in LaTeX, follow the AI Matters template, and should include:
- A title of 15 words or less
- A list of authors with a headshot and brief bio of 50 words or less for each author
- A brief summary of the article in 50 words or less
- The body of the article, which can be from 1 to 50 pages, or the video or picture with a caption.
- References in APA format
- Attach any figures as separate image files
- (optional) A cover letter explaining why the submission is appropriate for this newsletter
Additional formatting instructions are included with the author kit.
Each issue features a highlight image with an accompanying article describing it. We encourage creative, beautiful, eye-catching submissions. The newsletter includes deadlines and dates for SIGAI-sponsored conferences. Calls for papers and other announcements for conferences or workshops are not appropriate for publication in the newsletter.
All contributions are edited for relevance, clarity, and suitable length.
Contact the editor at email@example.com if you have an idea and want to determine if it is relevant.